Thursday, February 9, 2012

What does it take?

Ah the question for which, if I had an answer, I could retire comfortably on a nice island surrounded by staff to service my every need...

What does it take?,  more importantly what are we willing to give?

When I take a trip the first thing I do is map out my route.  I prepare the car, ensure the dogs are taken care of, mail service is arranged, my bags are packed, then get in the car and head out.

When I need a new outfit, I take a look at sales, go to a few stores, try on a few things and make my selection.

As dinner time quickly approaches one takes the time to assemble the ingredients for a nice home cooked meal.  Follows the proper steps to ensure they have a well balanced meal.

EVERY day we all make decisions that impact us.  We know the wrong turn, the wrong size or the wrong sequence of ingredients will drastically affect our trip, our clothing, our meals.

Why then, with the certain knowledge that cause and effect are intrinsic, do we find ourselves repeating over and again those same mistakes that bring us pain, heartache and emptiness?  Do we honestly feel that one day magically the same choice of behaviors will somehow produce a different result?

I am seven months post weight loss surgery, I feel better than I have in years, I am beginning to shop in the regular women's section of a store for the first time in well over two decades, pushing away from the dinner table was beginning to be easy, food didn't have the same allure it once did.  Why then two days ago did I suddenly begin to inhale food?  Where did my new found satiety go?

What am I doing?  What am I searching for?  What am I afraid of? What does it take?

No comments:

Post a Comment