Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Change is ever-present.  To stay the same is to regress, yet here I am.  Fear grips me, but I don't know the core of my fear.  Food has always allowed me to repress my feelings, my thoughts, my fears and here I am stripped of my best friend, my constant companion, I stand now naked from the world of feelings, thoughts and fears.  Where do I turn, what do I do, who am I now?

I stand before the mirror that is my life right now and recognize nothing.  Fear freezes me, suffocates me from within, unable to move, forward or backwards I am left with nothing, I hope nothing, I plan nothing, I do nothing.  The calendar moves but forgets to take me with it, I see the clock clicking away, marching forward but I do not feel the passage of time.

Where to go?  What to do? When to do it?  Some days I just sit and feel the rise and fall of my chest, why have I come so far, just to exist?  I have hidden so long under the cloak of fat that I have forgotten...

No comments:

Post a Comment